From franchise matters to consumer complaints, the hotel and timeshare industry has unique litigation risks. Our Hospitality Litigation team has deep experience in all facets of disputes that your company may face, including:
- Timeshare Act claims
- State advertising, referral selling, prize notice, and misrepresentation claims
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) compliance
- Debt collection compliance
- Franchise disputes, including franchisee termination and non-competes
- Trademark violation and infringement
- Labor and employment matters
- Purchase and sale transactions
- Vendor disputes
- Construction litigation
- Vicarious liability claims, including personal injury
We know that you are not well served if your legal counsel simply reacts to disputes as they arise. Our multidisciplinary team uses the experience it has gained in litigating countless hospitality matters to train clients’ staff and sales forces on how to comply with consumer laws, regulations, and debt collection practices to reduce litigation risks before disputes arise.
When our hospitality clients face repetitive claims, we know it is our job to investigate the root cause and eliminate it. Recently, for example, through effective litigation defense coupled with recommendations on business practices, we were able to reduce recurrent TCPA, debt collection, and consumer claims against a client by more than 90 percent.
With our vast geographic reach, Foley’s Hospitality Litigation team is ready to put its industry knowledge and proven proactive strategies to work for your business wherever you need it.