PTAB - A Year in Review
2018 was a year for the record books at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), which included landmark decisions at the U.S. Supreme Court, several revisions to practice and procedures, claim amendments in AIA challenges, as well as a final ruling on sovereign immunity.
Please join Foley attorneys, George Beck, Chase Brill, and George Quillin, as they discuss the year’s major developments and how they may impact practice before the PTAB going forward. Specific topics will include:
- 2018 Trends and Statistics
- SCOTUS on IPRs – Implications of SAS Institute, Inc. v. Iancu and Oil States Energy Services, LLC v. Greene’s Energy Group, LLC
- Revisions to Standard Operating Procedures
- Effects of Aqua Products on Amendment Practice
- Proposal to Facilitate Amendments in AIA Challenges
- Changes in the Claim Construction Standard Used in PTAB Proceedings
- Sovereign Immunity: Federal Circuit Affirms PTAB Ruling that Tribal Immunity Does Not Apply to IPRs
- Updates to the Trial Practice Guide
Foley & Lardner LLP will apply for CLE credit after the program, wherever applicable. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California in the amount of 1.0 General credit hour. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Please note that participants must log in to the web portion on the date of the event and answer the CLE polling question; credit may not be obtained by viewing and/or listening to a program recording after the event. Certificates of attendance will be distributed to eligible participants approximately eight weeks after the webinar via email.